Tuesday, January 4, 2011

1/4 Daily Commentary

I shorted NQ late in the session at 2249.25 but SP futures exceeded their 15-minute M/A upper envelope.  This, in combination with the 30-minute M/A lower envelope holding on the decline, caused me to exit the NQ short at 2250 for a nominal loss.  I am still holding 4% SDS.
Here is the 15-minute M/A (green line) which was exceeded by more than 3 points on the late rally. 

Here is key 30-minute M/A which held the decline.  It will take a 30-minute close lower than .5% below this M/A to trigger a sell signal.  Currently this is 1258.25, but I'll use 1258 tonight.


I still hold SCO and am short gold futures.  I exited ZSL at 10.56 but will buy again on a silver rally.

I exited dollar futures expecting Euro to rally a bit and dollar to decline in a normal correction of today's rally.  The dollar must take out today's high 79.775 in order to break the hourly M/A and prove the continuation of the rally.

I exited ZSL at 10.56 but will buy again on a silver rally.

2 comments:

  1. Euro is building either a trend channel or a flag of some type. Not sure what to make out of that mess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve

    It looks like Oil completed five waves down overnight. I guess we won't make it to my original projection of $37 on the USO?

    DennisP

    ReplyDelete