Monday, February 21, 2011

2/21 Daily Commentary

I'm long DX futures and hold 2% SDS and 4% TLT.
Futures traded for a half session today.  I need 16.5 cents above this M/A to confirm the next leg of an extended run.  Currently that's 77.915 but this will be declining overnight.  The dollar is only forming 3-waves up so it could be an extended base. 
The decline to the low on the 18th was key.  The key 90-minute M/A has an envelope of .55% on a 90-minute close.  Price crossed this M/A (blue line below) at 78.05 and the computed envelope limit is 77.62.  The low 90-minute close was 77.625.  This is still the key stop value, a 90-minute close below 77.62 will get me out.  Resistance at 78.20 will be stiff.
The stock market is playing out according to script, with a strong decline breaking significant futures M/As.  The next stop for the train is SP futures 1323.  I will probably exit ETFs at that point if it occurs during the day session and wait for a bounce to short again.  If not then I'll hold through the bounce.  The time horizon is as long as 3/3 and as low as SP 1280. 
My stop is .5% above the 30-minute M/A on a 30-minute closing basis (blue line below).


Bonds are benefitting from stock declines around the world so I'll keep holding TLT.

No comments:

Post a Comment