Thursday, July 29, 2010

7/29 pre-open

I have orders in to buy limit SP futures at 1095.25.  This will handle my 6% SP futures short.  The SP futures are at an important moving average, the 30-minute, 92-unit SMA.  The envelope for this is .5% 30-minute close.  Currently at 1108, it implies an upper bound of 1113.50 on a 30-minute close.  This is my stop.
I will wait for near the close to sell the short ETFs. If 1095 is broken then 1088 will be the target.  I'll be going long at the close for a half position. While I will not be changing the wave count immediately (it still considers the Minute2 high as 10,594) I consider it highly likely that the I1 uptrend starting after the close today will take it out. I got a sell signal yesterday when the 30-minute MA was taken out by more than .5% on a 30-minute close.  I'll wait for the inverse before committing the other half position to the upside.

3 comments:

  1. Steve

    What does the technical buy sell signal say right now?

    Jack C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack,
    I'm in Albuquerque and my laptop can't compute it. I'll do it tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think buying long today would be the best idea.

    ReplyDelete