Monday, April 11, 2011

4/11 Daily Commentary

Only the XMI shows a clear 5 up from Friday's low.  DJI and SPX are not as clear-cut and Nasdaq shows a clear 3 up.  I'm going to call it that today was just another day of 3-wave consolidation within an ongoing wave (iv). 
I'm buying 1% YM futures at 12293.

Last week I determined to short the stock market at 2 different dates, 4/18-19 at the I1 peak and 4/26 when I1 declines below +7, the bullish threshold.  There is another reason to short the 26th, that is using the 30-day smoothing of I1, which has an excellent record for longer-term moves.
 Both the raw and smoothed I1 are bullish over the next week, so I must be as well.

4 comments:

  1. not looking right???

    ReplyDelete
  2. YM down huge... not right!!????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve,
    With more Japan news, it looks like we will test the 50 SMA around 1314-1315. This looks like a natural spot for support: the 50 day and the top of an Ichimoku cloud. I am still long too.
    Charles
    ps did you get a chance to look at the wave counts in that link I posted last night? what were your impressions? I definitely yield to your greater Elliot knowledge than my own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charles,
    A good site. I agree with McHugh's short-term count. He also expects a 5th up. I'm holding to the long-term count of a C wave below the 2009 low.

    ReplyDelete