Tuesday, March 16, 2010

3/16 noon

3 of 5 is complete.  Coming down to support at 10660 to start wave 5.
The long-term I1 forecast calls for sub-standard I1 values from May, 2010 through May, 2015.  These protracted periods of I1 < 4 define the boundaries of declining market trends.  Looking at I1 more closely one can observe that the peak 4/29 is the last peak prior to the persistent weakness.  So, why not wait for this event?  Why sell at the 3/5 peak?  According to the rule set, in the absence of signals I trade the I1 peaks and troughs but not as law.  I allow for movements beyond the peak/trough date,  which is what I am doing now.  The formal sell at 4/2 will be a momentum decline,  but with the stock market so technically over-extended I am more than willing to trade I1 peaks and troughs.

No comments:

Post a Comment