Friday, March 11, 2011

3/11 pre-open

Japan earthquake occurred at 10:46 Central (Chicago) time.  YM futures started down within 1 minute.  I was stopped at 11,960 for a trivial loss.  Now the question is, "Does this change the analysis?".  I'm still out of futures awaiting a rally to trigger the false alarm button and re-enter long.
In the above chart you can see the decline precisely at the time of the earthquake.  You also see a blue line which is penetrated by a 10-minute close .2% above will signal the all clear.
The following chart is the NQ futures and a 15-minute M/A that should trigger at about the same time.   The green line +.2% will trigger the buy.
I sold 2% SSO at 50.78, bringing me to 4%.
Steve, why not just go with the flow and short it?  Because...I1 is rising and the 50-day stopped the decline.
The dollar could not get above it's 90-minute M/A which is where I sold my EUO at the close yesterday.
I'm still holding 2% TLT and they are doing OK. Nothing to report.

No comments:

Post a Comment