Sunday, March 13, 2011

3/13 Weekly Commentary

My heart goes out to the Japanese people.
I wanted to step back and point to the wave count that I1 forces me to favor for the stock market.  I went short 1 day after the top and made money on the downside.  I switched to long on the I1 bottom 3/7.  Without I1 I would be slightly short based on EWI and chart patterns, so I believe I1 will save me significant money as the market rallies.  Each month is profitable for me, even though over the past several months I have scaled back the maximum commitment until the I1 peak and into mid-May.  I want clarity for the upcoming important period.  So for the readers that look at my Trading History I have added a third spreadsheet which sorts the profitability study by trade date so that the most recent appear at the bottom. 
Nasdaq is completing Cycle wave b but only the 2000-2002 wave is 5 down.  The 2007-2009 bear was a correction within Cycle wave b.  The Nasdaq is, in my view, about to rally in Minor 5 of Intermediate c of Primary 2 of Cycle b of Supercycle 1. NDX made a high above it's 2007 high in January and the Composite stopped at it's 2007 high but is destined to move above to complete the count.

The count for Primary C shows wave Minor 4 possibly complete with the final rally ahead.

The SPX and DJI for me count best as 3 down from 2000 and a 5 down from 2007.  Thus they cannot exceed their 2007 highs except by the slightest margin.  The SPX recovery from the 2000-2003 bear retraced to the 2000 high at the orthodox high but with an irregular flat slightly exceeded it thereafter.
The DJI retracement from 2003-2007 was itself an irregular flat and exceeded the 2000 high by 20%.
Only the SPX is shown here and is about to start Minor 5 of Intermediate c of Primary 2 of Cycle b of Supercycle a. 
I'm looking to short the Euro tonight on a rally to 139.14 basis June futures.

No comments:

Post a Comment